One Bold Step

Everyone talks a great game about changing the world, or even just their lives, but courage, while free, comes with one price: action. I want to share my bold step with you, and, if you write to me with your bold step, and it's timely, I'll post it on my site every couple of weeks, if not more often.


Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!

Name:
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States

Director of Research for MyBillOfRights.org (aka: The Foundation Foundation). Formerly with Air America Radio Phoenix ("Froggy Went A Marchin..."). Sang the National Anthem at a rally in Phoenix with Cindy Sheehan. Loves: chocolate, flowers, perfume (my grandmother), great music, politics, and a whole-hearted appreciation of the truth (Are there really "conspiracy theories" or do we need more FOIAs?). Seeker of justice and agent for change.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Best Feminist Music Video - 2006

[As originally posted at https://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Editorial-Page.htm?InfoNo=004927]

Kudos have to be given to Alecia Moore, the lady otherwise known as Pink. Her new video "Stupid Girls" is exactly what art is for: taking the political, which is also often personal, and turning it on its head so that we can all see the truths that would otherwise be difficult to describe to some people, all while having a little fun. Her video is a nod to women of every stripe, and her statement on the controversy surrounding Stupid Girls is simply terrific. On this note, I direct you to Pink's official web site. At this site you will find her "Latest Letter." Click on it, and be inspired. While you're at it, watch her video, too.

Runner's up in this category over the last few years are:

1. "Teary Eyed" - Missy Elliott

2. "Because of You" - Kelly Clarkson

3. "Confessions of a Broken Heart" - Lindsay Lohan (yes, even she does some things right)

4. "Daughters" - John Mayer (Hey, look! I've got a guy up here.... )

5. "Fighter" - Christina Aguilera

6. "Beautiful" - Christina Aguilera (If you aren't reading her lyrics, then you're missing her
point.)

7. "Me, Myself, and I" - Beyonce

8. "Independent Women, Part I" - Destiny's Child

9. "What It Feels Like For a Girl" - Madonna (Would this list really be complete without at least
one of her videos?)

Any more you like? Hey, guys, this includes you, too. If so, send 'em to me, and I'll post the best ones in a future editoral.

For more information, check out my previous post at: http://oneboldstep.blogspot.com/2006/03/counting-hillary-out-too-early.html.

Peace, and happy watching!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. venlafaxine lithium Healthy eating on vacation allegra sign concepts louisville ky Wkzo tv kalamazoo cellular fine plan cholesterol lowering cholesterol lower ways Tommy bahama women's swimwear

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Domain name resistration service Mazda protege car modifications

3:17 PM  
Anonymous free clean erotic short stories said...

I just wish Dr. I had first thought ofusing Dads new Lear jet, but this way was better.
hard core animal sex stories
blue collar men gay sex stories
nifty forced stories
mom incest stories
free lolita sex stories
I just wish Dr. I had first thought ofusing Dads new Lear jet, but this way was better.

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home