One Bold Step

Everyone talks a great game about changing the world, or even just their lives, but courage, while free, comes with one price: action. I want to share my bold step with you, and, if you write to me with your bold step, and it's timely, I'll post it on my site every couple of weeks, if not more often.


Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!

Name:
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States

Director of Research for MyBillOfRights.org (aka: The Foundation Foundation). Formerly with Air America Radio Phoenix ("Froggy Went A Marchin..."). Sang the National Anthem at a rally in Phoenix with Cindy Sheehan. Loves: chocolate, flowers, perfume (my grandmother), great music, politics, and a whole-hearted appreciation of the truth (Are there really "conspiracy theories" or do we need more FOIAs?). Seeker of justice and agent for change.

Friday, December 30, 2005

On Signing Petitions

Dear Supporters of My Blog,

I want to thank you for visiting my blog, and I encourage you to keep going. I'd like to take this time to address an issue of concern to me -- another bold move -- which is how we sign petitions. If we feel uncomfortable using our legal names, and for good reason, I encourage you to just sign a petition as "Anonymous." There are two reasons for this: the first is to show a certain amount of respect for the process of petitioning. The second reason is that I don't want to scare away anyone from signing any of my petitions. I want everyone to feel included, and, while I know it's tempting to tell off people like our President, I don't want to scare away people across the isle who might not otherwise sign a petition.

Thank you for reading this, and acting accordingly, and thank you for supporting my blog and my petitions.

Happy New Year and all my best,

Rachel Gluck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home